Moment Strohl Mountain Light 45L Backpack
An ultralight backpack for hiking with a camera
What it is:The Moment Strohl Mountain Light 45L Backpack is what you need if you want go to on a hike with your camera equipment.
Why it's needed:Because you don't want to choose between a mountain pack and a camera bag. This does both and is ultralight weight to boot.
Features & Compatibility
- 1kg, this is the one of the lightest 45L camera bags on the market
- Ultralight, waterproof Cordura ripstop fabric
- Taped seams for rugged protection
- Back panel zipper access with crushproof, removable camera insert (sold separately)
- Ergonomic shoulder straps and waist belt for comfortable carry
- Low fuss top closure works with and without brain
- Stretch shoulder pockets for water bottles, phone, and snacks
- Large outer stretch pockets for quickly stashing extra gear
- Moulded back panel for ventilated comfort
- Removable Internal frame for better load carry
- Camera clip attachment points on the waist belt and shoulder straps
- Attachment loops for ice axe/trekking poles
- Side straps for tripod, tent poles, and other long items
- Expandable drawstring top closure adds 10L of storage
- Removable waist belt pocket
- Medium: Fits a torso length of 17"-18.5".
- Large: Fits 18" torso length and taller.
- Manufacturer: Moment
- Materials: 210D Waterproof Cordura™ Ripstop (Nylon 6,6), Rugged Powermesh
- Available Colours: Black
Dimensions & Specs
- Total Weight: 1.08kg
- Core Backpack: 0.93kg
- Brain: 0.12kg
- Hip Pouch: 0.03kg
- Volume: 45L
- Drawstring Top Closure: Adds an extra 10L of storage
- Height when fully packed without brain: 30" (762mm)
- Height when fully packed with brain: 31.5" (800.1mm)
- Circumference: 37" (939.8mm)
- Back Width: 10.5" (266.7mm)
- Body: 210D Waterproof Cordura™ Ripstop (Nylon 6,6), Rugged Powermesh
- Backplate: EVA Foam
- Frame: Steel
- Zippers: YKK
- Hardware: Aluminium
Meet The MTN Light 45L Backpack
Which Size Should You Get?
Not sure if you should get the Medium or the Large? Ultimately the right bag is the one that fits your body and more specifically your torso.
If your torso length is over 18”, you’ll want the large. If it falls between 17-18.5”, get the Medium.
Just 1kg with Ultralight Materials
From day hikes to overnights, this bag is designed to be ultralight and nimble. While traditional backpacking packs weigh 2-3kg, the MTN Light 45L backpack saves you 1kg of extra fabric weight you don't need to carry.
- Total Weight: 2lbs, 6oz (1.08kg)
- Ultralight, waterproof Cordura ripstop fabric.
- Taped seams for rugged protection
- Removable waist belt pocket and internal frame to shed ounces
- Did we mention it’s the lightest camera backpack we’ve ever seen?
Quick camera access was one of the main considerations of the MTN Light Series. The backpack provides quick back-panel access for fast capture. Pack your own ICU or add the MTN Light Camera Insert for the perfect fit inside the bag. It carries up to a Canon 5D size camera body and 4 lenses.
Don't need the interior camera storage? Add the MTN Light Camera Loader for quick access to your camera at any point on the trail.
Pack As You Like
The MTN Light 45L is designed for fast & light travel in the mountains. It's perfect for those 1-3 day treks depending on how dialed your kit is. The roll-top design let's you to fit more or less depending on your gear.
Pack in even more with the external pockets and attachment loops. The expandable drawstring top closure also adds 10L of storage when packed full.
Going even lighter? Remove the internal frame for day hikes and travel days to pack it down even smaller.