Moment CineBloom Diffusion Filter
Create film-like cinematic looks for video and photos straight out of camera
What it is:
The Moment CineBlooms filters are a diffusion filter, which blooms light and softens hard edges. This gives a soft, dream-like cinematic look that takes away the digital edge of modern cameras.
Why it's needed:
To make digital footage look like film. It creates a unique style straight out of camera that can't be replicated by apps. It is also great for softening blemishes on skin.
Features & Compatibility
- Available in densities of 5% (1/4), 10% (1/2), and 20% (1)
- Premium Japanese Optical glass for superior image clarity
- Easily stacks underneath Moment Variable ND Filters
- Knurled grip for easy removal
- Uncoated glass ensures maximum effect and strength of bloom
- Works with any standard center pinch lens cap (like the one you already have for your camera lens)
- Available for standard camera lens sizes 37-82mm
- Manufacturer: Moment
- Materials:Japanese optical glass, aerospace-grade metal
- Compatibility: Available for standard camera lens sizes 49-82mm, phones require an additional filter mount
- strong>Outer Diameter: 49mm — 51.7mm / 52mm — 54.7mm / 58mm — 60.7mm
- Depth: 49mm — 6.6mm / 52mm — 6.6mm / 58mm — 6.6mm
- Weight: 49mm — 11.5g / 52mm — 14.0g / 58mm — 17.2g
- Outer Diameter: 62mm — 64.7mm / 67mm — 69.7mm / 72mm — 74.7mm / 77mm — 79.7mm / 82mm — 84.7mm
- Depth: 62mm — 6.6mm / 67mm — 6.6mm / 72mm — 6.6mm / 77mm — 6.6mm / 82mm — 6.6mm
- Weight: 62mm — 19.3g / 67mm — 22.3g / 72mm — 25.0g / 77mm — 28.4g / 82mm — 31.6g
Which version should I get?
- Subtle, yet makes a big difference
- Takes off that digital edge
- Great all-rounder
- Very slight bloom when shooting into direct light
- Put it on and leave it on
- Everyday shooting
- Soft cinematic look takes away that digital edge
- Flattens contrast
- Softens both bright and dim light
- Diffuses direct harsh sunlight
- Made for a more stylised vibe
- Eludes an ultra dreamy-like trance
- Gives a nod to film-like imagery
- Aims to clear skin blemishes and lessen wrinkles
- Produces an overall 'warmer' tone
What Is A Diffusion Filter
A diffusion filter is often used to create a glowy haze spreading out the light across the etched filter surface, while still maintaining crisp contrast and sharpness. It’s the effect of bending a percentage of image-forming light from its original origin to defocus. The filter’s tiny pattern of haze will also help alter the bokeh to a more creamy state. I’m truly amazed at how well it captures a beautiful haze around the light to soften the details of my subject, while still retaining the sharpness of the individual hairs and details of the eye.
With CineBloom 20%
Makes Your Digital Creations Look Like Film
The Moment CineBloom diffusion filter is the perfect testament to film-like photos without breaking the bank on film stock. It produces a beautiful hazy glow around lit subjects and light sources, creating a unique style straight out of the camera. It's a classic look that you wouldn't otherwise be able to manipulate in Photoshop.
The glass is made by fusing a micro layer of NanoBlack particulates between two layers of top-grade Japanese filter glass, allowing us to maintain full image quality. The filter's tiny etched pattern also helps alter the bokeh to soften the appearance of harsh light without sacrificing image quality.
- Available in densities of 5% (1/4), 10% (1/2), and 20% (1).
- Premium Japanese Optical glass for superior image clarity.
- Uncoated glass ensures maximum effect and strength of bloom.
Escape the clinical, ultra-sharp look of digital with this specialty glass. It not only catches and blooms light but has a smoothing effect on skin tones, making wrinkles less noticeable.
- Softens the footage/image without losing quality.
- Makes highlights bloom.
- Softens and smooths the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes in skin.
- Easier retouching in post.
Works With Your Gear
Not only do our CineBloom filters work with standard camera lens thread sizes, but they also work with the standard center pinch lens caps you already have for your camera lens, unlike other options on the market.
Take your mobile videos to the next level. The 67mm CineBloom Filters work with our 67mm Filter Adapter so you can use them with your Moment lenses.